Grain Mills Canada
FROM OUR HOME TO YOURS;
We are Canadian located in the heart of the B.C. Kootenays.
Taxes are added at time of Checkout
Compare our prices, our service, and our dedication.
We are your authorize dealer for the Ankarsrum Mixer. parts and attachments (made in Sweden) and authorized dealer for KoMo Grain Mills and Oat Flakers.
Komo comes with 250 -360-600 watt motor. The grinding stones are made of corundum/ceramic. The Komo Oat Flakers have tapered stainless steel rollers.
Shipping anywhere in Canada, via Canada Post, minimum $30.00 flat rate added at time of checkout, We encourage our customers to order multiple items, that can be added to the same box to cut down on shipping costs.
For small items that can fit in an envelope, please call for special shipping price.
Return Policy: Goods must be returned within seven days in new condition. A 10 % restocking fee will be charged on all returned items. The customer must pay for the return shipping.
To contact or phone (250-368-9292) us for further information use our contact page:
Tips for purchasing a Grain Mill or Flaker Mill:
- Buy a Flour Mill or Flaker Mill based on your intended usage.
- If you are looking for a more hands-on experience, buy a manual Grain Grinder, or Oat Flaker
- If you want the grinder to do the work, then an electric Flour Mill/Flaker Mill is a better choice.
- Look for one that is easy to take apart and clean or self-cleaning.
It’s hard to beat freshly milled whole grain flour when you want to maximize the nutritional value and flavor of your bread.What you get is nutritious whole wheat flour where nothing has been removed. The flour retains the complete endosperm, (the bran and germ have not been removed.)Whole grains contain almost 90% of all the vitamins, minerals, and protein you’ll ever need. However, commercially milled products don’t offer you those nutrients. Why? Once milled, the oils found in the bran and germ oxidizes and turns rancid within 72 hours.
As you watch the grain go into the hopper of the grain mill, and come out as fine flour, you’ll know exactly what you’re getting. You can be confident that you’re baking and feeding your family with nutritious flour, no fillers or additives.
What’s In Grain?
There are three main layers: the bran, the germ, and the endosperm.
- The bran is the outer layer where all the roughage that helps move unwanted poisons and toxins through your system is found. The bran also contains numerous vitamins, minerals, and proteins it helps in the management of obesity, diabetes, hemorrhoids, stroke, and heart attacks. Eating whole-grain foods on a regular basis has been shown to decrease risk for heart disease and high cholesterol levels, and is also thought to lower the risk of breast and colon cancer.
- The germ is the health center of the grain, overflowing with vitamins B and E, as well as unsaturated fat and protein.
- The endosperm is the starchy white center.
Fresh whole grain products are in fact good for you. They are low in fat, high in protein, and provide energy for your muscles and body. They have a wonderful flavor that you and your family will enjoy. If you like fresh then you will love fresh ground wheat and other grains or fresh rolled oats. Fresh is best for both taste and nutrition.